Here is the reunion information. We currently have 92 shipmates that have expressed an interest in attending the reunion, that does not include spouses or guests. I hope everyone can make it. I also have 2 that I will have to send this packet to as they have no email.
1. The Willy Victor Reunion will be held over 2 days. Friday 8/24/2018 from 5:30 PM to 9 PM in the evening and Saturday 8/25/2018 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
1a. Friday night, an informal dress buffet dinner and get together at The Wayne County Fairgrounds, 10871 Quirk Rd., Belleville, MI 48111, from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM.
1b. On Sat. 8/25, the reunion will move to the WILLOW RUN AIRPORT â€¢ YPSILANTI, MI. for the Thunder Over Michigan Air Show. The reunion and Air Show opens at 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM. We will have a tent for all of us to get together and interact. WV2 tail 311 will also be there giving tours all day. If you want to share some of your eperiences in the Willy Victors you can go onboard and tell them as part of the tour. After a day of interacting with out fellow Willy Victor shipmates and WV2 - 141311, we will have a farewell get together around 5:00 PM at WV2 - 311 to close out the reunion.
1c. There is nothing, reunion related, planned for Sunday.
2. The tent is capable of seating 100+ people, located on the flight line. Soft drinks, water and a lunch will be available in the tent. You will need an arm band to access the tent area.
3. The reunion cost per person will be $100. That will include:
3a. Friday night dinner. The menu will be your choice of Beef Tenderlooin slices or Florentine Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Over Roasted Redskin Potatoes, Garden Salad, Choice of Ranch or Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, Croutons, Rolls Soft Drinks, Coffee and water. If you have any food issues, please note them on the Registration Form. There will be a cash bar available. We will pass out the Arm Bands and Parking Passes and entry tickets to the Air Show on Sat. and only Sat at the Friday night event.
3b. Parking and entry into the Air Show. Again the arm band is needed for entry into the Reunion tent.
3c. An extended golf cart to aid in getting around the facilities for those of us that have mobility issues is being provided by the museum. We will have to provide our own driver.
3d. A seat in the reunion tent
3e. All day Soft drinks in the tent
3f. A lunch, TBD
3g. A reunion patch, Access to WV2 tail number 141311.
4. Flying-in is available but check the TFR's for the day and times the airport will be open if you plan on flying in. Additionally, you will be required to park about 3 miles away. A shuttle will be available to bring you to the museum side. So consider your luggage issues. For those that are flying in you will need to work with one of two FBO's for parking, fueling and arrangements for a car rental. One is AvFlight (734)482-2621 and the second is Odyssey (734-547-7359. The airport designation for Willow Run is YIP. Any other questions you have will need to be emailed to me so I can rundown an answer.
5. We will pass out the parking passes and entry arm bands at the Friday night get together. If you cannot make it Friday please contact me so I can make arrangements to get them to you. There will be security at the entry point and they will do perodic searches of anyone and equipment upon entering. So keep the equipment you bring into the Airport at a minimum.
6. Local Lodging around Belleville MI
1. Super 8 734 699 1888, price range less then or equal to $100, 45707 South I-94 Service Drive, Belleville, MI, US, 48111
2. Holiday Inn Express - 734 857 6200, price range $135 - $165, 46194 North I 94 Service Drive, Belleville, MI 48111 US
3. Hampton Inn - 734 699 2424, price range $131 $165, 46280 N I 94 Service Dr, Belleville, MI, US, 48111
4. Red Roof Inn - 734 697 2244, price range less then or equal to $100, 45501 North I-94 Service Drive, Belleville, MI, US, 48111
5. Comfort Inn - 734 697 8585, price range $101 to $130, 45945 S I 94 Service Dr, Belleville, MI 48111 US
Lots more in Ann Arbor MI or Detroit. We do not have a block of rooms do to none being available. The Yankee Air Museum has oll of them.
Bed and Breakfast
1. Parish House Inn, 103 S. Huron, Ypsilanti, MI, 734-480-4800, Price range $101 to $130
2. Queen's Residence B&B, 220 S. Huron, Ypsillanti, MI, 734-961-8435, Price $101 -$130
More in Ann Arbor.
RV Parks with in 40 miles of Belleville MI
1. Detroit Greenfield RV Park, Ypsilanti, Michigan, Phone: (734)482-7722
2. Wayne County Fairgrounds & RV Park, 10871 Quirk Rd, Belleville, Michigan 48111
Phone: (734) 697-7002 ( same place we will be eating Friday night)
3. KC Campground, 14048 Sherman Rd, Milan, Michigan 48160 , Phone: (734) 439-1076
4. Haas Lake Park RV Campground. 25800 Haas Rd, New Hudson, Michigan 48165 Phone: (248) 437-0900
7. If you are arriving early and want something to do on Check link VisitAnnArbor.org
Some of the attractions that are available for those of you that arrive early are
7a. Automotive Hall of Fame, 21400 Oakwood BLVd, Dearborn (313)240-4000
7b. Detroit Institute of Arts, 5200 Woodword Ave. Detroit (313)833-7900
7c. Detroit Zoo, 8450982-6001 W. 10 Mile Rd, Royal Oak (248)541-5717
7d. The Henry Ford, 20900 Oakwood Blvd, Dearborn (313)982-6001
7e. Golf, golf, golf. Numerious local courses are available.
You can check the Ann Arbor Area, Visitors Guide 2018 at your hotel for many more options ahead of your visit to set up tee times or make reservations.
There will be a Kiosk available in the tent for you to order reunion and Willy Victor items such as, hats, shirts, jackets, sweatshirts, etc. all with the Willy Victor embroidered and optional Squadron designations on them. We will have samples there and available for you look at. If there is anything special you would like, let me know so we can have a sample available.
If you have any questions or know anyone that is not on the list and wants to come give them my email, email@example.com or my phone no 989-213-8151. Check the email for who is interested in attending.